Thursday, November 17, 2016

Autumn's Joy - Part 3


Here is the completed painting. I titled it "Autumn's Joy" because while I never knew Autumn, I could see her joy in each of the photographs I have seen of her–particularly in the photo that inspired this painting. It was my goal to capture that same joy in this painting. 


Standing next to the finished painting are Autumn's dad and mom, Phil and Jen Elgersma. They came to the studio open house we hosted to view the painting for the first time. As you can tell by this photo, it is a large painting!

On the back of the canvas I wrote the scripture that I used as my inspiration verse while I worked on the painting. It's a verse that speaks volumes in only 10 words.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." 
- Romans 12:12


Here are some of the people who came out to see the painting at the open house in my studio.  I enjoyed seeing so many friends, family and supporters of Autumn's Center. Click on the photo for a closer look.


Here is the painting installed in its new home in Autumn's Center in Spencer.  The text beneath the painting reads:

 "Three year old Autumn Elgersma of Orange City, Iowa, passed away on October 31, 2013 as a result of injuries she received from her daycare provider. Since her passing, Autumn's light has continued to shine and it is our hope that Autumn's Center will be a place of light for you."
-Jen Elgersma, Autumn's Mom

Being asked to create this painting was an honor and opportunity I will not forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment