Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Slice of Life


Slice of Life | 5"x7" | oil on hardboard

This is a painting that was commissioned by someone who had seen an earlier cake painting. That slice of cake stirred up memories for her of a special cake that was often baked by a loved one in her family.

Food conjures up memories for people. Do you associate certain foods with particular holidays or events each year? I'm pretty sure most of us do. For our family, this cake is always a birthday dessert created by my Mom and enjoyed by the whole family.

I plan on enjoying some great food at our family Thanksgiving dinner, and hope that you are able to celebrate as well. Thanks for viewing my work on a regular basis. I appreciate it.

SOLD

6 comments:

  1. As always, thank you for sharing your work with us! It always gives me a couple of minutes to relax and enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece of cake is even more delicious-looking than the other one! I stopped by to check out your portrait, which is lovely, but this cake is spectacular, very painterly (and it looks moist! haha)
    Very very nice work, also enjoyed your landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wandered back to this...my fav cake for now and I love your painting of the slice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your paintings are incredible! This one made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice. Well done.

    ReplyDelete